Thursday, December 04, 2008

Oh yeah, I have work in some shows...

Subdivision - encaustic and oil on panel, 12" x 12"
My work is part of a group show, Shelter, at Olson-Larsen Galleries in West Des Moines, Iowa.

The show runs until January 3, 2009.

The Living Wood - altered book
I also have 2 artist's books in a juried book show, Dog-Eared: Revealing the Contents of Artist's Books at Purdue University.

F3, Languish - collage, oil pastel, solvent transfer, encaustic and oil on panel, two 12" x 12" panels
Upcoming:
My solo exhibit, Seeking Shelter will be on display at the Leslie Powell Foundation Gallery in Lawton, Oklahoma starting January 10, 2009.

Also:
You can follow me on Twitter now:
http://twitter.com/deannawood

I've actually been Twittering for quite a while now, but I set up a new public Twitter persona that is strictly art-related. I won't tweet about my cats or swear like my evil Twitter twin does.

6 comments:

Sheree Rensel said...

Deanna,
I have your postcard for the "Shelter" exhibition at Olson-Larsen Gallerie show right here. I was wondering whose work was whose. The postcard is kind of nebulous. The pics on the card didn't really have specific references to who did what.

It is so weird though because I loved the encaustic house piece shown. Now I know it is yours! It reminded me of my old work. I used to do all kinds of shelters and pieces related to some kind of structure.
Good for you! Congratulations on your shows. You have such a bright future!

Sheree Rensel
wizzlewolf.com

Sheri Michaels said...

Deanna,
I live in Des Moines and will have to go see your show. I love your work. How did you get into the Olson-Larsen Gallerie. Was there a call for entries? Or did they see your work elsewhere?

Sheri

Deanna said...

Thanks Sheree and travelgirl! I'm going to do a post about how I got the gallery show...

Sheri Michaels said...

Just saw your work this afternoon in Des Moines. I really like your work. Congratulations!

mcdc3s said...

I have got to look into getting a Twitter account! It looks like fun.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Years to you and yours. I've missed reading your blog. ~mcdc3s/Maralena

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work.